SICK: “I Believe I Can Fly (Flight of the Frenchies)”

SICK: “I Believe I Can Fly (Flight of the Frenchies)”

For a few months now, I’ve had Seb Montaz-Rosset’s beautiful Skyliners highlining video teed up to share with you guys and never got around to pulling the trigger. Maybe it’s for the best, cause he’s gone and produced a documentary that’s even wilder, more scenic, and more beautiful.

And more fun, too. “I Believe I Can Fly (Flight of the Frenchies)” has more than a bit of silliness to it. If you’re accustomed to highline slacklining as the realm of meditative concentration, serious focus, and a lack of falls, the teaser for this doc might come as a surprise. Seb’s “skyliners” are an irreverent, frenetic group, cartwheeling and dancing off the crags and falling from the lines constantly, to be caught by webbing tether or parachute. One thing these kids do is have a good time in their dance with danger. And why the heck not?

Steve Casimiro is the editor of Adventure Journal.
  • twoeightnine

I’d like more info on the redhead please.

• Craig Rowe

Well, if you’re going to go out …

And yes, I echo twoeightnine’s sentiments, bravo.

• Luc

Awesome video. I like them having fun. At the end I think one of the guys was not acting safe (no parachute or safety rope). I didn’t like that part.

• Yannick

I saw a free segment of their video 2 days ago on vimeo (http://vimeo.com/31241154), and while the base jumping and highlining parts are very nice, I also didn’t like the integral solo at the end 9:50

• Aaron Teasdale

Easily the most adrenaline I’ve ever felt watching a video.

• Doan Pendleton

that video makes me nuts.. yes more info on the girl.

• Mike

To the fellows who didn’t like the dangerous bit at the end. This is something alot of slackliners do. Look up Dean Potter. It’s something they do, not to be dangerous, but because of the way it makes them feel. It’s like free solo climbing a big wall. It’s an expression.

• Paul

Does anyone know when this documentary is supposed to come out? Or how to get it? I have to see more!!! My favorite part was when he didnt have any parachute or connecting rope. what an adrenaline rush!!!

• Joe Hoovestol

Where do you get the full video?

• Alexis

I bought it yesterday, it’s one of the best video i ever see.
    you can bought it on sebastien montaz website ( check out all of his videos it’s wonderful)

download link on the bottom of the page. i bought it 5 €, i’ve got now idea of the price in dollars for you guys 😉

• Hutch

Seb’s just released a new documentary about Géraldine Fasnacht http://sebmontaz.com/videos/245-one-step-beyond-the-true-story-of-geraldine-fasnacht-58-mn

• B

I downloaded and watched this documentary. I am writing an open topics research paper for a film class and am focusing on the current generations interest with understanding the psychology behind peoples actions- their motivators. I am using this documentary as a main point of reference ( as well as some ideas from inception and other psychological thrillers). If you have any opinions, ideas, readings, websites, or anything related to this documentary that you could send my way I would greatly appreciate it! thanks