The Most Terrifying Five Minutes of Singletrack on Earth

The Most Terrifying Five Minutes of Singletrack on Earth

Typically the gravity set looks at folks on shorter travel bikes and yawns. Anyone who yawns at what this crew rides in Austria is either blind or stoned. Speaking of which, we’d have to be seriously medicated to attempt anything like this. If you have acrophobia we recommend you change the channel or hold on tightly to your computer monitor. By the way, the location near as we can tell is in a canyon called the Oetschergraeben, at the northern edge of the Ybbstaler Alps.

• Nick Underwood

Two things stand out to me here. One, the utterly terrifying terrifyingness of what these guys are doing. I love a good thrill, but I am almost certain I would be at the bottom of that canyon. And two, the music. It took me a second to realize why I knew it – I used the same song for a montage of my some of adventure in my van. http://youtu.be/kuBr7Zq8Sgk Love the blog.

• Dan @ ShareThisAdventure

crazy, most people wouldn’t even want to walk that.

• Amanda

Oh my, that really sucked me in and at one point I let out such an alarmed sound that one of my dogs thought I was in distress and came to check me out.
    Good on those guys, I’d much rather prefer to walk it!

• gordon

wow that’s pretty awesome. No way I would try that now, but would probably walk it. Although that’s easy to say sitting here sipping coffee in front of my mac!

• jared

I almost yelled “get the hell out of the way!” at the buddy that stopped to take a pic.

• Tony Payne

I would struggle to walk along that trail, I know my wife couldn’t for sure.
    I hope those guys had good parachutes!

• Casey

While the trail is narrow and technical, I have ridden trails similar to that in Oregon and Washington. It’s not that scary.