I bought this edition solely for the Robbie Shone pics. (the rest of the journal turned out to be great too)
But chiefly I wanted it for my friend who is a caver and a photographer, who is working now for the same Rope Access firm Robbie used to, and last month moved into a room in Sheffield where it turns out Robbie also lived!
So I had to buy the Journal for him!
It's a great day when I see Adventure Journal in my mailbox. I tend to read it cover to cover the day I receive it. The stories and imagery are of such high quality. I always finish the journal feeling stoked to get outside for the next adventure.
Great content, and photography. I like the recipes too. It’s a beautiful magazine.
Useful and fun reading. Gives me ideas about things I can do.
Adventure Journal is printed quarterly and delivered to subscribers in March, June, September, and December. Stories that appear in print are only available in print.
Specs and Materials
• Trim size is 8.375 x 10.875 inches
• Cover stock is 130lb Endurance Matte with double coating of Soft Touch
• Body stock is 80lb Starbrite Opaque Text uncoated
• Adventure Journal plants one tree for every product or magazine sold
• AJ quarterly is printed on Forest Stewardship Council-certified paper
• AJ is powered primarily through solar
• Magazines are sent in recycled and recyclable packaging.
Adventure Journal is designed and printed in California.